1.01.2008

A Gloomy New Year

Currently Playing: Appleseed on DVD

I see you read the title. Wanna know why? Here's the reason:


Drugs.

What a way to start 2008 -- at home with the sickness. lol


I've been busy these past few days with work training. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to disclose this since I'm bound by the confidentiality agreement blah blah... meh, it's just papers anyway.



Never mind the scribbles, those are my answers. lol


Sutherland's training program is dubbed as the "Center of Learning", aka COL. Near hire and hired trainees undergo this, naturally. There are a few differences from other company training facilities (it was well pointed out by our trainor and my co-trainees). I can summarize it as "tight screening". x_x Just a few days ago, we were even given an assignment and a take home quiz, look here:


It's like High School English... no, Elementary English all over again!


We have an EOP ('English Only' Policy) inside the training rooms; if possible, even outside the premises. It can drive you crazy if you have difficulty stringing 2 English words together.

So back to the topic of 'gloomy'. My training schedule is an inconvenient 3PM-11PM and we stay in freezers... I mean, 10 degree training rooms almost the whole time. This kinda got accumulated, hence, the sickness. Strepsils has become my new best friend, and I have acquired a new skill as a bartender -- mixing hot and cold water in my bottle. Nice.

So now I can safely enumerate the drugs above (clockwise): Orofar (my lozenge), Centrum (multivitamin), Neozep (for colds), Caltrate (for my bones), Amoxicillin (antibiotic) and Robitussin gel (for cough). T_T

Although I can say this training has shown some pros, such as me picking on my mom (kidding), letting her nag while I pig on my rushed dinner (half true), driving mom nuts waiting for me (ok, I didn't mean this) and having an excuse to not contact her (hey, cellphones are not allowed, duh!) the cons still outweigh them and I might have to stay somewhere in Makati to make the whole situation a bit easier. This means less time to play Lineage 2. Crap. T_T Mike will have to hold the fort while I'm away... he's perfectly capable after all, he can manage without me. *sob*

It's 1PM and I gotta go back to sleep... still got notes to transfer dammit.


My scratch notebook, steno and temp ID.


P.S.
Upon distributing the stenos, Mitch said, "Salary deduction!" and we all gaped at her. Oh yeah. Nice joke missy. x_x Speaking of gaping, our training room is somewhere up.... high. The first time we (my team) went out for a 15-minute break, the elevator didn't make stops on the way down, and it took us 2-3 seconds to register the fact that we reached the Ground floor. LOL.


So, ugh... Happy new year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so that's why... *sniff-sneeze*

lemme guess: severe bouts of cold, a nagging headache, an 'effin gritty sore throat, and the usual bad luck that occurs when windows are left open.

Anonymous said...

I missed you so much. :( *hugs* *glomps*

I got a stupid new year too. And I don't want to remember it over and over again.

Whatever, I miss you. *hugs*