11.04.2007

Fidgeting Budget Moolah and Reflections on Life

I just experienced what would probably be the most defined shopping trip; defined in a way that we knew where to go and what to get, or it took us little time to figure it out. We spent only 4 hours out to get things done, and in my family, that's a new record. XD

2PM - Departure
I kinda lazied over the couch, watching movies on cable channels so that delayed us. Wahaha. I never seem to tire of Shaggy Dog. I'd love to have a dog like that! x3 Betcha mom won't though, she hates all furry creatures — living or non-living. ¬ ¬;

20 minutes later, we arrived at the Town Cemetery, where we visited my grandmother's grave. I remember telling her in a prayer that someday, I'll have her marble tombstone fixed. I'm sure she understands the family's financial situation. In fact, I can feel her lurking around the house sometimes. Mom and I had connected dreams earlier today, which led her to believe our lola is calling for us. (Ack! That sounds weird ~ @_@)


2.45PM - Jam packed Mall
We decided to go on ahead and cool off in Santa Rosa's SM City Mall. Have to say I doubted any shopping today because I only brought a hundred bucks. Let me summarize what we did while we were there:

  • Saw Tito Sam with his wifey, bit of chit-chat
  • Checked the Surplus Shop, found tacky outfits for sale -.-
  • Went to Red Ribbon, bought this:
Triple Chocolate Roll! =p~
  • Trotted over to Herbench, found nothing I liked enough to buy
  • Fished and caught this tee from Dickies:

Same color scheme as my Multiply page xD
  • Strode over to an SM Super Market stall, where we bought Flavored Kernel cups (Japanese Sweet Corn w/ cheese powder and margarine! LOL)
  • Bought a loaf of bread and pantiliners (what an odd combo!) from the Super Market

Expenditures
All in all we spent:
Tricycle fare (to nat'l rd.) - 24 [special]
Jeepney fare (to cemetery) - 15 [7.50/person na pala! T_T]
Jeepney fare (to SM) - 15
Red Ribbon Cake - 180
Dickies Tee - 300 (it's sale! mwahahaha)
Flavored Kernel cups - 38 [19ea]
Super Market purchase - 99.25
Jeepney fare (from SM) - 15
Tricycle fare (home) - 24 [special]
GRAND TOTAL - P710.25


Akalain mo yun, less than 1,000 ang ginastos namin ngayon? And we didn't visit just one establishment ha. It's another record! XD


Reflection
I remember telling Miko (~EXO~Mikolit) this: "kung alam mo kung anong pahirap sa utak imanage natitirang resources namin ngayon, magugulat kang masaya pa ko ngayon :))" And it holds true. I am (still) happy. Cherish the past, live for the present, look forward to the future.

I remembered that statement I gave above when I saw this pack of brown stuff in a transparent plastic bag (which I realized to be dog food, roasted beef flavor) near the Express Lane Cashier, and remembered my beloved pet Colyn, a Shih Tzu/Maltese crossbreed. Her death almost 2 years ago (Feb. 15, 2006) made me succumb to regret and grief that I almost cut off contact with the outside world for the first half of the year. My grandma dying 2 months after Colyn didn't exactly help, you know.

2 weeks ago when we attended Lola Emang's interment, I cried, remembering my Lola Nene (not even close to Carmelita, ya?). I didn't think I would, really. It's just seeing her spot buried in about 20 feet of soil and about 10 wreath stuff (flowers you send to dead people's funerals, err) made me remember the funeral. It saddens me to think back and realize how poor a service we gave her. Dying isn't exactly budget-friendly, no. Paying for a coffin you'll just let rot underground isn't my idea of wise spending. But still... haaay! It makes my head loll just thinking how much everything cost! We had to ask Capt. Camalit for assistance (funeral discounts and everything) and despite that, we're still in debt of the funeral parlor by about 10 gran. This, and the credit card debts... I mean, really. You think I'd have a happy adulthood? But I don't have too many choices left.

I'm not exactly looking forward to that future, I'm still hoping it would change. If there's one valuable lesson I learned from all this, it's OPTIMISM. And more than anything else, I recognize the value of tight family bonds. You'd know what I really mean if you know me well.

To my closest (not necessarily best) friends and to my family, I give my love. Thank you for having me. :3



BANZAI!!!!11


P.S.
Did you see my nails!?! XDDDD


Konata pic from http://laniemon.animeblogger.net/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yan ang matipid na bata =) lol

Rain Mistress said...

diba ang bait ko? LOL! =))