10.13.2008

BDO -- We Find Ways? Or do you?

"Poverty is everywhere" is the punchline made famous by one of my girl friends, Joey. Last week when I rode the bus back to Makati, this reality hit me square on the head like a bucket of ice-cold water. No, the water didn't get poured on me. Someone slammed the effin' bucket ON my head. No no, make that someTHING. Read on to know more.

The story went like this:


Me: *gets off trike and speeds her way up the stairs to BDO*
(groans loudly as she sees ATMs out of service, for the SECOND week)
Ma: *looks at bank guard* Bakit sira pa rin to? Ano bang klaseng bangko kayo, last week pa 'to ah!
Guard: Eh ma'am, ngayon lang dumating yung taga-ayos ng ATM eh.
Me: *walks off in silent frustration*
Ma: Ano ba to, di ka makaka-withdraw ng pambayad sa cellphone...
Me: *crosses street, mom following suit*

(a bus finally arrives in about 15 minutes)

On the bus...

Ma: May pera ka pa ba dyan?
Me: (talking for the first time since I got off the trike btw) ..wala.
Ma: Eh bakit tayo sumakay kung wala tayong pambayad?
*the guy beside me stares at us.*
Me: Magkano ba pera nyo?
Ma: *kalkal bag* Meron pa kong 60 dito.
Me: *rummages around handbag to get wallet and purse*

(I was able to get 2 20-peso bills and the rest were 10 and 5-peso coins)



That was the worst bus ride I have ever been on. I have no idea how many people heard her say the text in bold above, but I'm sure as hell I won't be riding the bus without *more than enough* moolah. Though I did manage to come up with the fare, I had 40 something in coins left, it's embarrassing to have the whole lot hear what my mom has to say. Or maybe I will get on the bus, but I'll tell mom I DO have the money. Talk about major hassle. x_X

Poverty my dear, it eats you inside. T_T

But then again, I wouldn't have to go through all that if BDO fixed their farkin' ATMs. Two weeks man, two WEEKS. All ATMs I checked, from SM Sta. Rosa to Waltermart Sta. Rosa to all ATMs within the vicinity of Buendia-Pasong Tamo, were busted. I had to shell out maybe 44-55 bucks in extra to use another bank's ATM.

"We find ways" huh? You do have a way of managing your customers. When do you plan to improve your customer service? Kudos to you Banco De Oro, for not showing any improvement. *use rocket launcher, bomb BDO GRRRARR!*

1 comment:

blairwaldork said...

i agree. the worst ever.