10.02.2007

Understating Bad Mood & Bad Weather

Finals next week. And before I study for my Ethics Finals scheduled tomorrow (as if I have the concentration for it), let me just rant this out.

Putang inang dula yan bakit ba nauso pa? They gave me the role for mother in my group play for FIL1! Group mates are crap and the script's even worse! The presentation's on Saturday (October 6) and we haven't practiced, not even once! Kanya kanyang dala pa ng props. Fucking hell!

So where was the fucking leader? He was fucking absent, and as Assistant group leader I voiced my rants disguised as an eloquently delivered, commanding speech (with matching aggravated face). Just thinking about all this fucking trouble made my fucking head ache like hell. -_-

Last week I fell ill and succumbed to flu, which I had to live through for a whole week, speaking inaudibly in class. My Filipino professor talked to me and my delinquent group leader (Zoren), and I begged them to reconsider so I could change roles with someone else. The deal was, if I could recover before the play date, the show goes on; if not, we'll have to fix the roles. A week later (today) I haven't completely recovered yet, and my teacher told me "Kayanin mo na lang." WTF!? That wasn't the deal! And he's a teacher for crying out loud! -_-

And I had to go out into the rain with my broken umbrella to have the script photocopied myself (the male group mate said "Bahala na kayo pa-xerox yan, meron na kami" and I looked at him incredulously and said, "Bakit ako!?", thinking, hasn't this guy noticed that I WAS FUCKING SICK!?), and gave 1 of the 2 copies to my emo girl group mate, Dianne. (At least she looks more my group, fuck the rest)


~*~*~


Remembering my first day in UPLB as a bona fide student, it was June 2003... Orientation Day. And we were staying in the S.U. Building... As practiced, we freshmen were grouped and we all had to present a skit, just to show everyone in the room what we've got.

I got the role of the mother, and our group presented our own rendition of the Selecta commercial. It was a coincidence too, since I was wearing a pink shirt, and the mother's shirt in the commercial was also pink. -.-

That role landed me the "Face of the Day" award, and we were offered a chance to become DJs for UPLB's local radio station.

It was a tempting offer. I humbly declined, but promised to assist if ever my skills were required.


~*~*~


What's the difference between me as the Iska and me as the ordinary girl in PnC?

In LB:
I was a freshman, full of vigor.
As a neophyte, I had a hunger to be known.
I looked forward to knowing new people.
I was in top form.

In PnC:
I am a student back from a 2-year hiatus.
I am a transferee, and I don't care about anything other than my grades and myself.
I am used to being alone.
I am sick and I barely have my voice back.


Back to my rant...

Stupid people get stupid remarks. So before I set to leave the classroom and head back home, I came over to talk to Jean on the other side of the room. I asked her to deliver a message from me to Zoren, in the most behaved manner I could manage, to demand a practice day before Saturday because I won't let this pass if he doesn't. I think she got my point, just by looking at my gestures.

I looked back and called her again, and said this, "Sa susunod, tanungin mo muna yung taong pinili mo kung tatanggapin nya yung role, ok?"

She curtly nodded.

Then I walked... stone-faced and murderous.

I swear if one person tried to joke with me, I wouldn't hesitate to pole-attack him with my umbrella.


- END -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fierce. . .
relax madame amerie. :)