6.26.2005

A White Dog, a Black Motorcycle and THE Blue Aura

I wasn't thinking of updating my blog this soon... But heck, I've got news. And it's a big, alarming one. (not surprising though.)

Okay, today was my last day of returning back and forth the dog clinic for my anti-rabies shots. (remember I told you that my freakin' dog bit me last March? Yeah, I just graduated from that. W0000t~!! XD) So when I got in the clinic followed by mom (as usual, she's my chaperone), I gave the green record card and waited. During that dull time we heard little squeals from behind the curtains. We both thought Doc's patients this time are infants (with hyper stamina), but the nurse told us it was his 2-year old son. LOL, the squeal sounded like that of a girl's. XD Anyway, a few moments later, out came what looked like a nanny, holding something, or rather, like pulling something from the ground. Then this uber cute baby girl came out and looked at me! Sooo CUTE~~~! ^x^ She was walking with some kind of strap wrapped around her upper body, which was held tight by the nanny. My first thought, and rather a rude one at that, was, "Parang doggie!" The nurses couldn't help but laugh at this shameless reaction. And I was like, "Wha? She does look like a guide dog with that strap!" And yeah, mom scolded me for that. >.< Then one of the nurses said that the baby was often called "Whitey" because she was "mestiza" and, yah, always guided by that strap. Hence Whitey, a typical dog's name. I heaved a sigh of relief, knowing I wasn't alone on the idea. XD

So the injections were finished. (at last!) We went off after paying and getting our receipts. We decided to walk home instead of paying 15PhP for just(!!!) a 200-meter walk to the tricycle station. It just rained hard, so some of the canals were overflowing, and half of the road was submerged in sewer waters. (eww.) So we had no choice but to walk around it, on the dry part of the road. We just passed a Caltex gas station then and were passing in front of an old, abandoned building. Mom and I were still talking about "Whitey" when I suddenly felt here being pulled away, to the direction of the busy road. The umbrella she was holding was pulled down and I saw a black motorcycle with 2 passengers in it pausing briefly to grab my mom's handbag. "THIEF!!" shouted mom. She was holding on deperately to her handbag till the thief let go and zoomed off. Two jeepneys stopped to ask my mom what happened, and they both went off. I dunno if the first driver intended to chase the motorcycle coz he went off as soon as mom told him the thieves haven't gotten away that far, or he's just in a plain hurry. And so, I held on to the bag coz mom was still shaky from the experience. We got on a tricycle ride, more than willing to go home.

This just shows that they are everywhere now. Guess there's no place safe left in the Philippines. =(

And finally, I'm writing this at dead midnight coz my local customer in PC rentals hogged my new PC all to himself for 3 hours, then came a brown out. AND after the brownout, he still came over to play another hour! (Life is so unfair! T_T) The game he's playing? My version of Ragnarok Offline. It's so damn hard to configure the darn program, it took me till midnight of yesterday to fix all of it and I'm not even enjoying a minute of it yet! I'll jst play tomorrow. I just fixed the GM accounts and changed the levels to 99. Of coure, all my configurations are hidden from Jomar's watchful eye. (he's an average computer literate 2nd year HS student) He's happy he got to Level 99 today and is now levelling his magician. Oh well.

That's it. I need to go and burn some CDs. *melts all over the keyboard*

No comments: