7.22.2007

Kitty's Day Out: The Mall of Asia Adventure, Part 1

Currently Playing: Jewelry - Love You

Silly ol' Winamp. *smiles*


Ooookaaay, where was I? Oh right, I was supposed to record everything I could remember about the EB last Thursday. But first, a recap of what the plan was. xD


July 16, 2007; Monday

I laid out the plans for Patrick (emoRained), like what time we would be where and what we're gonna be doing. The initial plan was to meet at Metropolis Alabang with Rakie, then take a bus from there to Manila. Meh, we trashed that. Aside from worrying about who I'll go with (Pat volunteered for the task after he saw me on YM, so desperate leh =_=), he told me about his suspension from work, which was supposedly a false accusation. Ang sarap kulamin nung nag-OJT na yun ah ^___^ so I worried about his expenses if ever we do go together. You can only do so much in 2 weeks without salary. ~_~;

mei: so san ung terminal nun?
emo: terminal papuntang?
mei: pwede tayu mag bus papunta mantrade then MRT pa taft tpos jeep na papunta moa <--- this
raven: mei
emo: ahhh, sa tapat ng united hehe
mei: yes lolo?
raven: anu english ng tigang
emo: waaaaa
Ame-chan: DRY xD
raven: LOL tigang dry :))
raven: tuyo nmn un =D
mei: takte may sugestion ba kayo?
emo: desperate? ^^
mei: HAHAHAHA
raven: desperate
raven: desperado amp
raven: hahaha
emo: mag bus tayu punta mantrade, dun sa united may nadaan na dun
mei: ahh, so pwedeng di na tayo dumaan ng metropolis
emo: uu d n tlga tayu dadaan


Just ignore them questions about "tigang". xD

After we finalized how we'll commute to MoA, I relayed the chatlog of our confe with Lolo Raven to Rakie. I thought all's well by then...


July 18, 2007; Wednesday

A day before the EB, I talked to Sir JC on YM, informing him that I haven't received the guild package that should contain 10 CBT kits for Batch 1.

mei: sir jc.. walang dumating na package..
mei: di ko tuloy alam kung may dapat ba akong abangan bukas
JC: waah :/
mei: any suggestions? x.x
JC: hold on. escalate ko
JC: waah di pa ko binabalikan.... nasa meeting pa pala :(
JC: i inform kita asap
JC: worst is, talagang out of our hands na.


... =|


Last Option: Someone should go there and get the DVD installers himself.

JC: hmm... kung merong makakadaan dito sa office
JC: abot na lang ung DVD installers
JC: nasa 8/F Octagon Centre Bldg, San Miguel Ave. Pasig City
JC: likod ng Megamall or San Miguel Building


We found no one for the task. T_T I was ready to press the "PANIC!" button but then...

mei: kasi.. sabi nya ihatid mo na lang ako sa sakayan diba?
mei: nung nabanggit mo un kagabi.. inalala ko na ung pamasahe natin, lalo ung sayo
mei: e diba babalik ka pa moa after mo ko ihatid.. tapos suspendido ka sa trabaho x.o
emo: aahahah sabe nmn sayu WAG MO KO ALALAHANIN
emo: yaan mo na ako magalala sayu wag na ikaw
emo: bsta maihatid kta sa lupain ng laguna kampante n ako nun
emo: wag mo na banggitin un biro ni lolo sakin heheh kaw talga
emo: as long na may pamasahe tayu pareho makakauwi tayu hehe..
emo: shhhh mmya ko halughugin pera ni kuya ^^v
emo: wahhahahahhahahah bwahahahhahahha!
mei: @___@
mei: kukurutin kita sa singit hmmft! @__@
emo: waaaaaaa
mei: eka.. afk sandali.. kukunin ko ung mini notebook ko't ililista ung for tomorrow.. baka sa sobrang alala ko may malimutan ako
emo: pde nmn sa tagiliran sa singit pa naman naman!
mei: kaw kasi eh! pasaway T^T


Hahaha. After all the worrying about time, expenses, excuses and whatnot, a little comic relief did the trick. He must've said "relax" 9 or 10 times before I did relax. =.="

I told mom about my excuse for tomorrow on why I have to leave home early. Got my bag ready, wrote my reminders on my notebook and slept. (Awake till 1AM. Sick in the stomach. Si emong 2AM nakatulog kakamuni-muni, lol)


July 19, 2007; THE BIG DAY

All right. This is it. *whew*

6.30AM - Woke up
8.00AM - left home (5-minute trip to Nat'l. Road)
8.55AM - arrived @ United San Pedro (10-minute wait for emong @ 7-11)
10.00AM - arrived @ ManTrade
10.10AM - rode MRT to Shaw Blvd.
10.30AM - arrived @ Shaw Station


TRIVIA: The ride from Mantrade to Shaw was only my second time on the MRT. *snort*

I was able to follow the schedule I conceptualized days ago, until I read Jesse's text message that he wants to meet up with us @ Megamall. Hahaha! And we did, on the way.

He said he recognized us from our loud laughter (rather, MY) and we just passed by him! When he did catch up and overtake us, we still didn't notice him. How come? o.O Honestly speaking, I really don't remember seeing him before I did under the overpass. lol.


Leg 1 - Frolic @ Mega

We entered Megamall and decided to walk around awhile. Jesse suggested that we go to Timezone to play a bit (which made me doubt if he really did have an exam @ 11 xD sabi nya 12NN na daw! x.o). While on our way there though...

Nasa EGG na tayo? O.O!


Meh, bundle of laughs. xD so after getting that pic taken (thanks Jesse!) you would never believe this. Tumaya ako sa Lotto. HAHAHA! I also had Jesse's bet paid using his wonderful 10 1-Peso coins before I paid for mine. Big mistake. The cashier gave me his coins as my change. Ang bigat nun ha! It took me 3 minutes to finally set the coins down in my skirt pocket. I will remember NOT to take any money from Jesse. =_= We finally walked the rest of the way to Timezone after that.

I dunno what that game was called, but I was sure Jesse just hit his Powercard into the puck slot and it got stuck somewhere in there. Who won? I dunno, I think it was a tie between us. xD While Jesse looked for his other Powercard in his wallet (adik amp) Emong hacked away on Tekken 5 with Devil Jin.


*looks on innocently*

...He lost, eh. Distracted? xD He didn't continue the game and instead, we walked over to Jesse on the Dance Maniax machine.

That's when he started carrying my bag for me. ~_~"


(Mei remembers: He got annoyed @ Cess because she asked him out of nowhere to carry her bag for her during Dom1nation. LOL. I didn't ask him to carry my bag, ha. He just did. o.O)


At exactly 11.20AM, we left Timezone to head for the AMDG Office. When we got in the taxi and we stared out the window looking for the building, that's when it hit us. What JC said was true!

JC: Sa likod mismo ng megamall/shangri-la
mei: walking distance from megamall?
JC: yep
JC: you'll see naman agad Octagon paglabas mo sa megamall/shangri-la side
JC: white tall building na may "Octagon" shape symbol sa taas ng building


*hears comedy punchline sound effects* =_=;


Too late. The taxi got us there and I raced emong to my wallet and paid 40 bucks to get us to the OTHER street. =.="


Leg 2 - Reunion @ AMDG Office

We arrived @ Octagon Building at exactly 11.30AM. I left my PnC school ID @ the guard (ignoring the fact that people stared at me, maybe even thinking I was cosplaying?) and took the elevator up to the 8th floor where JC's office should be. I held the doorknob with my left hand, turned it, and nothing happened.

We looked at each other with puzzled looks on our faces. He noted that the door could possibly be an automated one. Weh? What did I know about doors?! =_= *Mei = doorknob!*


Haha. Wtf. Mom's yelling for me to get off the PC. I'll continue the adventure on Part 2. Hopefully tomorrow? xD


~*~*~


On a sidenote, waaa! Ate Rich passed by teh blog! Hi Ate Rich! Missed you~ :D

I took the blog quiz she had in one of her posts. LOL. I'm not surprised with the result. :3

You Probably Look Younger Than Your Age

You live a healthy lifestyle and know how to take care of yourself.
You'll probably have a youthful glow for many years.

No comments: