9.20.2007

Living like Cockroaches

[Not playing anything due to severe headache]

Quoted from Clyde:

When I arrived at Manila four years ago, I was surprised to see that people there live like insects, cockroaches. From the airplane window, looking at the city below makes you think that your existence is irrelevant and unwanted. People there are massive in number, restless, and always competing with each other for the sole reason of living. You cannot distinguish one stranger from another. Those who lose in the competition of survival always result to crime or poverty. People in a big city look alike, think alike and smell alike. They live a life full of malice and do not trust anybody other than their friends and family. They only have one thing in their mind: To survive, to live in prosperity and serve their so-called purpose in living.

I got one thing to say to you Clyde: You've become one hell of a writer! xD It's amazing what a broken heart can do to a person. Not meant to imply anything dude, but in all the years I've known you from UPLB, this is the first time I saw you express this much emotion.

We must search for our own purpose of living. Although insignificant, we can’t deny the fact that humans need something to cling on in order to live. We do not wish to be alone. We want to be important. We want to feel needed. We want to be loved.


We must find a purpose to live, for those who live without purpose die like cockroaches.

I hope you find solace in the thought that we, your friends, are here for you; no matter how far apart we now are. =)

On the other hand, I prompted to do a write-up of my own thoughts on everything I've watched, heard and talked about on the Cris Mendez Case. But it seems the Blogger Community has indeed expressed everything there is to be said; I just have this much left to say:

Cris is such a loss to the community... He couldv'e been one of those people who made a difference. I hope you Sigma Rho fratmen learn when to keep mum or speak up, because NOW is the right time to SPEAK UP.


'Pag tinutukan ka ng baril, hihintayin niyo pa bang kalabitin ang gatilyo bago kayo kumilos?

No comments: