6.30.2008

Why I never dreamt of becoming a housewife

...is because of the nightmare posing itself in the guise of budgeting money.

lol


Currently Playing: Sam Concepcion - Kung Fu Fighting


Finally, after weeks of waiting, we finally got to watch Kung Fu Panda at Mall of Asia yesterday afternoon. I know I've been venting out for the last couple of days somewhere else that I'm dying to see the movie, but kept waiting for the chance to see it with the folks -- so I held my ground till my dad got around to Manila for the affair.



Cosplay and its Rewards
Due to the Dress up we held at the office, I asked my mom to come around to Makati at Friday evening to bring my college uniform. The whole team (well, at least the majority) agreed on dressing in uniforms or improvised ones for the occasion, and I guess the fact that things did not end lightly when our shift ended added to the "pressure".

I stayed in the 9th floor with Jackie and left at around 2PM to check on my internet hubs for any interesting updates. At around 4PM, I rushed around the boarding house to meet my mom and prep up for what's to come. I asked her to buy Buko Pie for Lola Cely as a token of our gratitude for letting her stay the night whenever Mom has an appointment the next day. There was an awarding ceremony later on around 10PM (I fetched my award in my uniform, looking exactly when I was still in school, ROFL), and Jackie and I ate our free lunches at Jollibee (yeah well management brought free food from Jollibee, but since our pantry simply looks like a counter because it's THAT small, we carried our food downstairs to the fast food itself. o.O) Did I mention I saw Boss Tim smile at me before we left? I think I should cosplay more. lol

My day ended with me turning my Out of Office Assistant on, and changing my signature as Pam (QAS) instructed. Little did I know that there was more to expect...


A Stay Long Overdue
My dad called several minutes after my shift ended, and informed us that we'll be meeting in MoA later for a little family date. So we set off for my room in the boarding house, and mom busied herself with my laundry (she finds it entertaining) while I caught a few Z's. The flaw in the plan was this: it suddenly poured cats and dogs up there in Bulacan, so my dad called up to say he wants to push through with the date, to which my mom and I disapproved. We postponed it for the next day, Sunday, which meant a lower chance of me getting home to Laguna for some important files that I had to get. =_= This also meant my mom had to sleep over at Lola Cely's again. Pooh.


Patience is a Virtue
I had to wake up at 6AM the next morning but despite the eagerness in the time, my body was far from cooperating with me in the feat. I was sleepy, heck. We went to the Shrine of Jesus to hear the 9:30 mass, and walked off to the department store.

Aside from a momentary disruption by a store clerk in the perfume section, I also amused myself to trying on a few girly outfits that I found at Shapes (endorsed by Toni Gonzaga). I had the sales lady demo how to do a necktie, as I have lousy memory of what Boss JC just showed us how to do the other night before. XD I took a pic of me trying on some stuff. Hahaz! Once I get a hold of the CA-42 cable, I can finally relieve both my 6610i and 6070 of old pics needing storage. lol All the walking made us hungry, and as soon as we met my dad (who btw had difficulty recognizing me, haha), we rushed to the Food court.


The Art of Pigging Out
...lies not in the price nor quantity of the food, but in its quality.

The same goes for work quality, as someone I know often says. Anyway, I had the option to pick the stall I want, and I chose one with Chinese cuisine. I was in need of veggies (I seriously have to consider the vegetarian diet soon) and had an odd craving for lomi. By this time, I urged to have a look see at the cinemas to check if Kung Fu Panda's still showing, but the indoor tourist trolley attracted my attention. XD This is no childhood issue mind you, but I think you'd agree with me that a free tour of the mall would do you not only relaxed sight seeing, but also a sense of pride in having people ogle at you like you're a celeb. MWAHAHAHAHALAFLAF XD I had the delight of seeing a woman shriek, "Ay Diyos ko po, may sasakyan sa loob!" then later whisper, "Bakit may sasakyan sa loob?" *sigh* newbs. XD XD XD


Searching for Pandamonium
We at last came to a stop exactly where we first rode on the trolley, then set out for silverscreen. I was somewhat disappointed to find that they are no longer showing on the regular cinemas. But we had one last hope -- IMax. We walked off then took the stairs to the entrance of the theater. I found to my delight that they were still showing it, and the next show starts in about 40 minutes. Yay! The bad thing is, earlier in the Food court, my dad complained that I haven't treated him for my birthday and for Father's day, as well as for my recent promotion. x_x At that moment, I just felt like the world was crushing me for I have unknowingly committed myself to shelling out 900 bucks for watching the movie.



To pay for the fee, I needed to encash since they won't accept my ATM debit at IMax. Luckily, my dad rose to the occasion and gave me his extra cash, and to my surprise, he said it's partial payment for the money he borrowed. Weh. -.- so in other words, I still have to pay for the movies. I began to feel that I promised more than I should give myself credit for. T.T

Well in the end, it wasn't entirely a loss. It's very rare for my dad to watch a movie and not fall asleep, and during the course of the film, he laughed his wits off and so did the rest of the audience. Kung Fu Panda is AWESOME! <3


iPod misadventures
I asked my dad for a stroll 'round the techie block so I could search for the MAC Center while he lines up at the Smart Center for a follow up. We discussed when exactly I'll buy my prospect gadget and I told him maybe I will purchase it another time. He was offering to use his BPI card then I'll pay off the monthly installments to my mom. With the payroll just around the corner, I couldn't help but feel agitated that I don't have money yet, so I told him I'll save it for another time.

I need to save up for a lot of stuff, WAAAAAH. T^T anyway, I'll eventually get there. *sigh*

Zzzz. Sleep la.

No comments: