12.30.2006

Christmas Aftermath -- InuYasha Movie Marathon

The last few days that passed after my 12-24 post have been quite eventful for me. I found it appropriate to write about it now before I forget them. XD

December 25, 2006 - Monday
I got off to a great start by arguing with Yobee (my mom) about my phone's new housing. You see the night before, my twinkling star (which is now dull, stained, and a lil bit moldy) got caught in between one of the monobloc chair's many holes and broke off, along with the "ear" of my old 6610i. I was really much stressed out after trying to mix and match the colors of my blog with her breathing down on my neck and constantly nagging for me to shut the f***in PC off, that when it happened, I just had to literally roar out my frustration. I was this close *gestures with thumb and index finger* to throwing my phone against the wall or something!! Then it dawned on me that I won't even dream of spending my savings to buy me a new phone. ¬_¬;

So much for a fun Noche Buena. I just stuffed myself down with Hamonado Roll and watched Inuyasha Movies 3 & 4 (since I damn forgot to watch 1 & 2 anyway). Slept past 12MN.

December 26, 2006 - Tuesday
I wasn't able to wake up early (4AM or earlier) as planned, so I woke up a bit grumpy and... sick. -_- So I got up, dressed, and went downstairs for breakfast. As usual I work at our shop and get stressed over rambling kids, noisy speakers and hot weather. But it felt so much heavier that at one point I wanted to collapse. I couldn't even sit straight to stare at the monitor, what more to play. ¬_¬; Around noontime I resigned to the fact that I felt sick in the stomach and surrendered to the lumpy couch in the living room. Yobee came and checked on me and declared that I had a fever. (then there she went on her usual panic streak, fetching medicines, answering the doorbell, attending to customers.. meh, usual stuff ^^)

I decided to watch TV at around 4PM for the InuYasha movie marathon on Animax. No way siree, my sickness shall not hinder my passion. XD I stared in awe through my mega cool megane (yeah they look so much clearer through my specs! *teary-eyed*) when Hari performed her awesome moves (I'm a fan!! XD) with her double katanas, and Ruri with her spear, I guess, was pretty impressive too. (But a lot of people know I'm all for double daggers! XD) Here are links to video snippets of InuYasha: Affections Touching Across Time. Link1 Link2

Hari looking cute after Kirara throws the Hiraikotsu off

InuYasha: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass shows an adaptation of a famous Chinese/Japanese(?) legend about a celestial maiden taking a bath in a spring and some pervert stealing her clothes. (Wikipedia provides a good round up for this) The maiden here is presented by the movie's antagonist, Princess Kaguya, while a descendant of the guy who stole the celestial robe is presented by Hojo, an ancestor of one of Kagome's classmates back in her time (she proves this because Hojo was a "health freak", and the feudal era Hojo gives them oranges, saying they're good for your health XD). I liked the kissing scene the best, despite feeling it was too awkward for words. @_@ Link

The Kiss (he liked it too, that dawg! XD)

A lot of people know very well that I am a fan of silver-haired bishounen. Kurama, Hisoka, Killua and Sephiroth to name a few (them being demented characters is a plus, dammit XD). Of course, Sesshoumaru-sama counts. *swoon* I liked him best in InuYasha: Swords of an Honorable Ruler. Aside from being glamorous as he always was, he showed a hint of brotherly love for InuYasha by shoving him out of the way of the Sounga's blast and taking in the damage, all the while partly being protected by Tenseiga's barrier. Link

The brothers fighting over the spotlight against Sounga

Well by this time i was already feeling so damn dizzy that I could barely watch, but I just had to see the last of the marathon, InuYasha: Fire on the Mystic Island. Not much to say about this installment, except the Fire War God looks like a girl (he has a fan dammit!), the Water War God (Ryu) looks cute in blue braids (double katanas! waaaaiiii~!), the song of the hanyō of Horai is nice and mysterious (I liked it! Am lookin for it on MP3, help please x.x) and I liked Kanade's priestess garb. (Watch the movie and look for Kanade in the Cauldron, she's only shown once in her robes and she's too far from the camera! X3) The first link is a trailer for the 4th movie. The second is for a video of the ending song, "Rakuen" (English title "Paradise") by Do as Infinity. Link1 Link2

InuYasha, Kirara, Kagome, Sango, Shippou and Miroku with the hanyō of Horai Island

All 4 movies were beautifully made, and I liked the music too. I guess it was worth watching them all even when I was feeling like dying at any moment. @_@ One thing I missed in the InuYasha Movie 4 epilogue (a scene that follows after the ending song) was the scene where Kagome would command "Osuwari!" and InuYasha dives face first towards the ground. Ah, memories. Well, you can't have them all. XD

Ohh lookie! A video of Movie 4 with cool music. Nice frame timing. 5 stars. ^-^

BG Music: "Chop Suey" by System of a Down

I slept the rest of the afternoon and woke up around 9PM. Quick dinner, my dose of medicines and it's off to bed.

zzZZZzzZZzzZZZZzzzz....

December 27, 2006 - Wednesday

I woke up feeling much better than the day before, like I was given a new lease on life. Hey, it may be exaggerating but I really did feel a whole lot better. My mom scolded me for taking a bath XD you see, my girl friends said they'd come over to hold our annual Christmas party at my place today. I sent them a message asking what time they plan to come, but they said they'd postpone it to let me recover. Well, none of us expected me to recuperate overnight o.O so I was left idle all day. I just had to play instead. XD

Next post, I'll wander off to register as a voter (as if my vote would matter! LOL) and blab on about a movie I just saw. I haven't watched any movie on the silverscreen since Mr. and Mrs. Smith! Howmaygosh! @_@

1 comment:

Sara said...

Good thing you're feeling better! Love those movies! ^_^