12.31.2006

New Year's Resolution: Die in Peace..? *shrug*

Taking off where I left...

December 28, 2006 - Thursday

We woke up early for the COMELEC voter's registration. I was groggy and felt too lazy to get up. It's not like I'm excited to vote, duh. Politicians are all the same anyways, what's the use of adding one or two more votes? No difference. But noooo, Yobee insisted we go. She left that cardboard with the "We will be back after 2 hours" message, and I was sure as hell it won't be kept today either. -_-

***Intermission start***
Trivia: ever since we had the PC shop, we'd leave that cardboard by the gate to show when we'll be back. The funny thing is, we never do get back after two hours. The quickest we made was 4, and that was not at all pleasing! LOL
***Intermission end***

We arrived in the town proper around 7.30AM and saw a bunch of people crowding in outside an old, Spanish-style building. The COMELEC office. Great. That's something to look forward to. It's a good thing she thought of asking a favor that we go inside where there's air-conditioning, she was worried sick that I'd faint right then and there in front of the huge crowd. (It's one thing I'm thankful for Yobee, madaya? Nah, just cunning XD) COMELEC people seem paranoid of sick girls so they let us in while I feigned coughing (which btw turned worse later!!). After I signed up the form, one grumpy lady recommended we return around 2PM to have my picture and fingerprints taken. Oh well, so much for the 2 hours. XD

After we bought my lozenges from the nearest Mercury Drug (I did say my coughs got worse x_x), we rode the jeepney intending to go to SM City Sta. Rosa. Stupid thing we did was we took the jeep headed for BiƱan, we got off at the intersection to cross the road and ride all the way to the mall. We didn't know there was a direct ride okay? -_- When we got there, we ate early lunch at KFC (that was past 11AM). Yobee ordered something new for us: the KFC Orange Chicken. (Ohh, Wikipedia explains it!) It's basically the same classic KFC chicken recipe with an orange twist, and I meant to specify it's the rice. It's colored orange! XD I liked the taste, though I can't quite identify what gave the dish that distinct flavor. Maybe herbs? Dunno. I ordered the usual Value meal #1. Nothing new there. XD

KFC Orange Chicken and Mushroom Soup, picture from Metroblogging Manila

After we ate lunch, we decided to go see a movie. it is, after all, time for the 32nd MMFF. We wanted to watch Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo because I hate Enteng Kabisote! ».« The movie struck me from the previews because of its light, Filipino flavored humour. Also maybe because the movie's theme song was Hawak Kamay sung by Pinoy Dream Academy 1st Grand Star Dreamer, Yeng Constantino. But I'm not about to talk about her. (kainis! Her singing style is so not unique! *rant rant rant* -.-;) We caught the movie around 3/4 of the current screening (Kat and Juday talking in the mall) so it took a while for me to catch the shocking parts. What did I mean by shocking? Let me explain.

Sa Pinoy! (from a scale of 1-10, 1-lowest, 10-highest):
• What are the odds that you'd go out for a voter's registration and end up malling later? 9
• ...that you'd sneak food in the theater even though it's prohibited? 8 (muahahaha)
• ...that your seatmate would accidentally knock over your gravy and spill it all over the theater floor (gravy is especially mentioned on the prohibited list btw!!)? 5
• ...that you'd be able to watch a movie with no music breaks (just a few commercials and previews)? 3 (that is very rare! Buti MMFF, lol XD)
• ...that the plot of the story is similar to what your relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend) is going through now (in this case, away-bati)? 6
• ...that the names of the lead roles in the movie you chose to watch (and it was 4-5 months ago when you last watched a movie at the mall!!) would match your boyfriend's name and your name (or alias)? 0

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As if by some fuckin twist of fate their effin names are Jerome (Jed) and Angelita (Angie). [So yeah, my bf's name is Jerome, and my writer alias/pen name is Angela aka Annie. Sounds almost the same anyway so... grr!] Now THAT I soooo did not expect. I was almost thrown off my seat just by the mention of his name! And to think we've been having problems with each other since Christmas day.. or earlier. I can't remember >.> seems like so long since I got pissed off by him. -_- watching the movie almost moved me to tears but i had to stop myself. If Yobee ever saw me crying God knows what kind of interrogation would await me when we get back home. (maybe question me outside the theater, "Sinong iniiyakan mo?!" Waaaah! Nightmare! It's what I hate with secret relationships @_@)

Jed (Ryan Agoncillo) and Angie (Judy Ann Santos) at the mall. Photo courtesy of PeP.

*calming down* Ahh, that's better. -.- anyways right after we came to the first scene we saw the previous screening, we left the mall and returned to the COMELEC office. I saw one of my former Religion class teachers~ (so sorry sir, I forgot your name!! T_T) had my pic taken and I was so noob when the shouter guy guided my fingers on that digital scan thingy, the girl on the PC recited "kanang hintuturo, kaliwang hintuturo, kanang hinlalaki, kaliwang hinlalaki" like a mantra. Katakot.. T_T after that we went straight home. I watched a bit of TV before I went to sleep.

December 29, 2006 - Friday

Today's Christmas Party day! Truth is it's much like any other EiC meeting except we had a lot more fun, more kids making noise around us (they refused to stay in the living room XD) and less worries in our minds. We also had snacks after we had the talks, and I'm just so happy to have them back in the house again.

It warms my heart to know that they really missed me, as much as I missed them. I gave Kate and Lai a gift each, and had only one wrapped gift left (she was absent, but I'll talk about that later). They said ever since I isolated myself from the group several months ago (it was over a year ago if I remember correctly), EiC went into loops and they kept making stories with no sense. Pile after pile of work had strings left attached that twisted into each other, making one very messy mesh of subplots. Much of the core of the story came from me, concoctions in my mind left unfinished, and they weren't really able to understand the concept I laid out for us. And they said it wasn't until November (when I rejoined them) that they began to understand those vague parts of the plot that I left hanging. Right now I'd say the core structure of the story's 80% done. Not much waiting left now. w00t~! ^^

A part of EiC's first group picture, circa May 2001. We just played with stuff ^^
NO ONE TOUCHES THIS! IF YOU DO I WILL HACK YOUR SYSTEM AND PERMANENTLY DESTROY YOUR HD!!!

About her, she was the last member of the group I expected to see back in my home. Nope, not after what happened between us. Long story from long, long ago. It's not worth going back to. Even so, I wrapped an extra gift, looking at that possibility that she'd finally come over and apologize. Well... as I said, you can't have them all.

2007 is so near, and yet old wounds refused to heal... (Joey,) Happy New Year na lang. =)

No comments: