1.03.2007

Start the New Year right with ORIGA!

I know I was 2 (maybe 3) days late to bring up a new post, but New Year and Youtube kept me hell a lot busy and I can say it was worth the wait. Last week, I was decided on putting videos of Emma and its classical, Victorian-style music, then I saw Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig, and decided I'd go for Origa this week instead. XD

Origa is a Russian-born singer who went to Japan to eventually start a career. She is best recognized by her songs coupled in the GITS series and OVA. How does one describe her? While I'd simply say "a really awesome and distinguished singer", I found that lacking in sense @_@ so I'd go for "a revolutionary, multi-talented and open-minded foreign artist". LOL XD Anyway her songs themselves can speak in her behalf. She speaks three languages fluently FYI! That's one hard task. Singing and understanding it is a feat in itself as well. @_@


Inner Universe: First up is the opening theme for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 攻殻機動隊. (the first series, where you get to see young Motoko crushing a poor doll in her hand T_T) I found this AMV with scenes taken from the Korean sci-fi animation movie, Wonderful Days, which in my opinion is a perfect match for the song's cyberpunk feel.


Rise: This is a crowd favorite (and many prove this by making quite a large number of AMV's with this song, even if it's not GitS) and is the opening theme for Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig. These are scenes from the high octane sci-fi action film, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children which btw is a story set 2 years after the happenings in the FFVII game. You can say it's a tribute to Cloud x Tifa, but in general, the song fits in perfectly to the film highlights, and to the fact that Cloud WAS an ex-SOLDIER.


Lullaby: This is one of her more recent songs (it's in Russian/English again) and the AMV includes scenes from Kingdom Hearts II. (This AMV reminded me how much I'm missing by not being able to play Kingdom Hearts. T_T) At first it does sound awkward, but after some time, the song kinda grows on you. Thank God Origa has a smooth, crystal clear voice. *meow!*


Player: This is the full version of the Ghost in the Shell: SAC Solid State Society OVA opening theme (gawd, they pick such long names! *pulls hair in frustration*), featuring a rap done by the sister singers Heartsdales. Origa's videos are scarce, so my choices were very few, and I liked this one best. (timing to animation is perfect around the middle of the AMV! XD)


Date of Rebirth: The full version of the SAC OVA ending theme (I tell you, the title's too long! @_@) Video clips taken from Naruto episodes, and the creator called this A Yankumo Tribute. And I assume plenty of people already know the Foxboy so no more links. ^^


Mizu no Madoromi: Last but not least is one of Origa's Nihonggo songs, which is also used as the ending theme of Fantastic Children. The series itself is not well known (the drawings aren't too appealing, just average I guess), but the song, being unique and melodious was given more credit. It's a pity FC's story wasn't appreciated as much as I anticipated. *sigh* Don't mind the video if it bothers you, I intend to only let you hear the song. XD

Russian is a very difficult language to learn T_T and I once said, "They use v, s and y too much." and it's true! Check the lyrics for these songs, they sure aren't healthy @_@ took me a while to learn how to pronounce them, and I'm sure as hell it'll take longer to read and write the words. :P

Hope everyone had a "not-too-bad" New Year. Akemashite omedetou!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
I would like to have lyrics of this songs,so if you can ,please send it to murasov@freenet.de

Rain Mistress said...

i have the lyrics of 3 of them, i'll see if i can find the other 3. :)

DCBomB said...

I'd like those lyrics too if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks!

DCBomB said...

Oh, whoops, DC.DCBomB@gmail.com...

Unknown said...

if you still have the lyrics, could you please send it to me too? ^_^ meiying.meng@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Could you please send all three to cotton_blade17@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

You can get the lyrics on my fansite if anyone are still looking for them

http://freewebs.com/russianbreeze