8.20.2007

Blogging: The Newest Profitable Hobby?

I once found myself saying this to a friend on YM when he told me he's quitting school and looking for a job.

everybody's quitting school.
everybody's applying for call centers.
what's next? everybody dancing hula? fuck.


Know what? Next thing I knew, everyone's into making blogs. LOL.

First, there was this surge I created when I bared info for my Audition club mates on this blog right here. So that kindled interest in them as well as my friends, especially those who see me on YM, because I almost always include a link to my blog there.

The first batch of disciples was created.

After these blogger disciples created their own blogs, their friends, most of them my friends too, created theirs.

Soon after, community blogs popped up, like YOUr Lineage, GE Community Blog and the Audition Community Blog. Then I said, something must be up.

It wasn't until I watched the show Rated K by Ms. Korina Sanchez that I realized, the Filipino society has finally recognized the REAL potential of the blogging community.

It is true that blogs are basically online journals, because individuals create them for personal purposes. Their blogs gain popularity by letting their friends know about it, and sharing its content to the internet community. But what is it that made blogging popular?

Simple.


MONEY. XD


I knew soon after I started blogging that this hobby can be turned into a profitable sideline. It's just the way you blog and what you blog about that matters. And I guess, of course, sponsors. That's what ADS (advertisements, duh!) are for. :P There are many out there who made it big by blogging, the first person I knew to blog for work is Xiaxue of Singapore. Consistent viewers of this blog would notice that Xiaxue's link still lives on my sidebar, and I don't ever remove that. Makes for some good inspiration (and giving a few laughs) when I need it.

Even though I admire the girl for her writing style, it's eons away from mine, and I can and will never write like that. My reason: I have my reservations about how I judge people openly, and I prefer to keep that private, thank you.

So anyway, going back to the topic of blogging for money... I have considered the thought since I put up my web counter last year, but I never took the idea seriously. So why am I blogging about this now?

Because I'm worrying about the same thing everyone else is. MONEY.

Maybe in the next few days, my head will clear up and I can finally decide if I should go ahead and make the necessary changes to make this hobby profitable for me.

Time may come that I might not even be able to afford typing like this at home. God, help me.






Oh, and before I forget, I updated my links. Give them a once-over, a couple of Audista friends made their own blogs too. I have been a very bad influence. xD

1 comment:

Faith said...

It actually takes a lot of hard work (like a real day job) to earn from blogging. It's not easy money.