8.26.2007

Lineage II FAQs

Technical FAQs

Q: Is Lineage II-SEA F2P?
A: During Pre-CBT, CBT (Closed Beta) and OBT (Open Beta), Lineage II-SEA will remain Free-to-Play. BUT it will become Pay-to-Play on Commercial Launch, which is reportedly scheduled on September 16, 2007. This information has yet to be confirmed though, because I only heard it during the Free Play Event @ SM Sta. Rosa. My contact in AMDG couldn't give an accurate answer yet. ^^o

Q: How much would I pay to play the game when it goes P2P?
A: Game time card denominations for Philippine subscribers will be as follows:
  • P20 = 2hours
  • P50 = 8 hours
  • P100 = 7 days unlimited
  • P350 = 30 days unlimited
GameCube hasn't released an official statement on their rates for Malaysia and Singapore.

Q: Will there be a 6-month or 12-month subscription?
A: A lot of players have been asking for this (since they avail this in other international games such as WoW, GW, etc.) but as of now, we'll have to leave that for AMDG to decide on.

Q: Can players from countries other than the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore connect to the game?
A: Unfortunately, no. They implemented an IP Block after the August 14, 2007 server maintenance. For now, we'll just have to accept this hard fact. If something comes up or you want more info, you can mail me or leave a comment on my blog post.

As for Oceania players, I haven't checked if their petition was answered or not. I haven't seen Aussies playing L2-SEA. *sigh*


Game FAQs

Q: Which race is the strongest?
A: Giving a straight answer would be hard for this question because I’m sure that whatever I say, there’ll always be someone to disagree. But IMO it would be the Human race. Their job tree is, as described earlier, diversified and they have access to the most specialized job classes. I’m not saying they have access to all skills, it’s just that they have MOST of them, and that gives them a definite advantage.

Q: Which race is easiest to level?
A: This question is so… wrong. -.- It should be “What job should I take to level easier?” to which the answer would be the Human Fighter class. Aside from their well balanced stats, they have the most efficient skills at low levels, thus making their level grind easier.

Later on when you can change job, the Rouge (Archer class) would be easiest to level.

Q: If I want to be an effective healer, what race should I choose?
A: I would have to say the Elven Elder or Eva’s Saint would be my best bet here, but many would disagree and say it’s the Human Bishop or Cardinal because of their high healing rate (See? I told you the Human Race appears to be the strongest here). Truth be told, it’s all in the way you use your skills.

To be an efficient healer, let’s face it: YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR PARTY ALIVE. And to do that, you have to be able to cast your healing spells before your party dies. Elves have an edge by having uber fast casting speed, but their heal rate is slightly lower than that of the Human Bishop’s.

Q: How do you remove the death penalty?
A: Use a Scroll of Recovery corresponding to your level bracket. For characters below level 20, use the Scroll of Recovery: No Grade. These scrolls are available in Groceries in all towns.

Q: How do I use (consumable) items such as healing potions and scrolls?
A: You simply right-click the item in your inventory (Alt + V).

Skill books are used differently, the only way you can use them is by learning skills from your respective Masters or Magisters.

Q: How can I recover my MP/Mana?
A: You sit down by entering the command /sit. HP and MP recover more quickly while sitting. MP Elixirs are also available in Groceries, but they are EXPENSIVE, and usage cooldown time is a whooping 5 minutes. I do not recommend using these at all. >_<

Q: So how do I increase my mana?
A: Two words: Level Up. Seriously! XD And if your Magister can teach you a Boost Mana skill, grab it. Some armor sets give specific boosts to your character, like boosting ATK or Casting speed. If you're desperate, look for an armor set with Mana Boost, if there ever is one. :P

Q: Where do I train when I reach Level 20?
A: By the time you reach this level, you would’ve explored about 1/8 of the continent of Aden. I suggest you go out and venture in other towns, get your quests and level while gathering quest items. Ideal leveling grounds would include the Gludio and Gludin areas, and the Necropolis dungeons. Also keep in mind that it is ideal to not stray too far from a friendly town or village. Whatever you do, it is a fact that you level faster in a party than you do solo leveling.

Q: Where do I get my free weapons? The Cat Lady doesn't give me any!
A: O.o cat lady. XD Miss Queen of the Adventurer's Guild can only give weapons if you have a "Weapon Exchange Coupon". Characters from level 1~19 can use the Adventurer's weapons (No Grade), and characters level 20 and above can use the Traveller's weapons (D Grade).

Requirements:
* First "Level 6" Character in the account
* Exchange Coupon for trainees and/or travelers
* Your eligible character must have a PK score of zero (0)

(According to the official L2-SEA site, Miss Queen will remain stationed in towns until November 16, 2007.)

As for characters level 20 and above, you will receive Shadow Weapon Coupons (D) when you change your job. You can exchange these for more powerful weapons by talking to the appropriate NPCs. (e.g. High Priest, Blacksmith, etc.)

If Miss Queen doesn't give you any coupons or weapons, CHECK THE REQUIREMENTS AGAIN. You might not meet one of them. Also, she only gives free weapons to characters LEVEL 25 AND BELOW. :)

Other Questions

Q: Are you planning to write guides for other MMORPGS?
A: As of now, the answer would be no. School work, blogging and posting an article on L2 on SOS Bulletin is making me busy enough, I don't have time for other games. In fact, it's been a while since I really got to level grind on L2. :(

Q: Are you the same Amedeah from the Mobius Forums?
A: Yes sir, that is me. I quit my job as FM because I got busy. Great timing too, because business was booming then and now I went back to school.

Q: Can I join your clan in Lineage 2?
A: As a matter of fact, you may. Istar 'el Adere welcomes new blood everyday. :) Please visit http://alphaorder.ws/, register an account, and post your application on our Forums. If we know each other, you can mention that in your form and I can vouch for you. You will be observed for a period of time and will be accepted into the clan if you survive. >:) Kidding. We don't do hazing here. XD



Keep sending in those questions! ^__^

No comments: