5.17.2008

Sherlock Holmes calls using a broken phone to schedule a Baguio visit for a coffee break.

Currently Playing: DEPAPEPE - Time
(this track is D/Lable on my Multiply Music page)

Sad. Boss went on VL so the bay's not as happy as it usually is. The atmosphere's just bland without her (already) normal presence around us. :| Hopefully they enjoy their stay in Baguio though. She definitely needs the rest.

Right now, I'm not as excited to type this update since the feeling evaporated. Thinking about what I said above really ruined it. Anyhoo, here's the GC I got for being one of the program's Top Performers:


My ticket to a Starbucks tumbler

I can finally cross out one of the items on my wish list next week. =3 Now there's a happy thought.


Phone Flurry
Bad news comes our way when Alex got the phone examined, and said it was broken -- the guy from Wellcom, whoever he is said maybe it's the mechanism or the OS, but when Mike had it tested in a repair center near his place, the phone worked. Now I hate thinking badly against my fellowmen (which incidentally, I am soooo used to doing..?), but it's inevitable to hazard a guess that he didn't want the phone after all. He ended up buying a brand new phone, and had to borrow money from a friend to do it too. = =;

I was expecting a full blown sermon from Mike, that he would be accusing me of the canceled sale because the phone accidentally dropped in Glorietta when I was searching the box for the phone manual. He didn't seem emotionally affected about it, but he is kind of worried about the refund. I saw his ATM account and was shocked and disheartened to find his salary for the first half of the month.

After money talks, I just thought of how I'm supposed to budget my payroll, since I'm planning to buy a new phone. Though frankly speaking, I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy one yet. It's like "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Do you ever get that feeling? I know in myself that I want a new phone, and would really need a new phone (necessity and luxury -- reward for work), but I just don't want to shell out so much money for one that would satisfy both my wants and needs. See? Call me OC, but it's just how I am. *meep meep* ¯3¯;

*Alex recommended I get a Motorola unit... thinking... thinking...*


Ame-chan the Bookworm Geek
By the way, I missed out on posting an update for the books I bought last week on eBay. Here they are now.


The Complete Collection, at last. (Copyright 1986)

My all time favorite fiction character who is NOT an anime character, the Master Detective Sherlock Holmes. He's the same guy who inspired me into falling in love with the mystery genre. I'm crazy about it -- mystery games, novels, short stories, anime series + manga, and everything inspired by crime and murder. I know I said in the past that I get awfully frightened by the sight of blood, but anything synthetic's fine with me. My brain has this knack for distinguishing the real from the fake. (´・ω・`)

The weird thing about it is that I never developed a liking for CSI. It's similar in many ways, but I just never found it in me to like the series. At all. Maybe because AXN's schedule clashes with my school schedule back then, but that's not the only reason. I could've bought a whole collection of episodes when I made a trip to Quiapo with Joey, but heck. I just didn't make the move.

This brings me to the conclusion that I just enjoy watching detectives on anime, and reading English mysteries tackling forensic work and police investigations and stuff. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, ignore the post title. It was just my way of summarizing what I babbled about on this particular update. lol


P.S.
Should I cut my hair? I need your advice guys ;____;


Is it too long nao? D:

No comments: